||P.E. 4.29 - Body Sculpting
West Valley College
Office: PE 1W
This course will provide students the opportunity to gain
improved muscular strength and endurance through the use of free weights and
resistive types of exercises. The workout is structured and the movements are
set to music.
Upon successful completion of course requirements students will:
- Demonstrate improved muscular strength and endurance.
- Demonstrate safe and correct technique.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fitness principles and dedication for life long fitness.
- Understand the physiological and psychological benefits of regular exercise.
A. Motor Component:
- Rhythmic warm-up techniques.
- Proper and safe cool down.
- Muscular strength and endurance activities.
- Flexibility and relaxation techniques.
B. Cognitive Component:
- Five components of fitness.
- Principles for muscular strength and endurance.
- Strategies for exercise adherence.
- Active class participation is essential to fulfill the course objectives.
- Arrive to class early so you can perform the warm-up portion of the class.
- Athletic shoes and clothes are needed for a safe and effective workout.
- Bring a water bottle to class for proper hydration.
- Do not wear perfume or cologne in class.
- Pre and post fitness assessments will be completed during the third and last week of the semester. There will not be a workout during finals week.
- Recommended Text: Sculpting Her Body Perfect by Brad Schoenfeld