- Course Description
- Is Taking an On-line Course Right for You?
- Prerequisites for On-line courses including Technology Requirements
- REQUIRED textbook for this course
- HOW TO START THE Fall 2012 COURSE
- HOW TO LOG-IN TO the "angel" Program
- Having problems logging on to Angel?
Is taking an On-line course right for you?
IMPORTANT: To determine if on-line learning is right for you, review the following 3 items:
- "Are Distance Learning Courses Right for You?" Click here to assess your readiness to take an on-line course. This will help you determine if distance learning is right for you.
- "How to Succeed in an On-line Course?" Click here to read about how to succeed in distance learning courses.
Other resources to review to determine in on-line courses are right for you. Click here.
Important Prerequisites for On-line courses, including Technology Requirements: Very Important
#1: Students must have computer skills to take on-line courses. This includes being proficient in being able to navigate computer programs, use the internet, save document files, and send and receive e-mail. If you have not mastered these skill, you may want to consider taking a computer class prior to taking an on-line course or have someone assist you in learning these skills.
- #2: Students must have the skills of college level reading, college level writing, and students must have the mastery of test taking skills. Study skills are also important because on-line students must study independently, follow the on-line assignments, and read the accompanying textbooks. If you have difficulty in any of these areas you may want to consider looking into the variety of 'basic skills" courses offered here at West Valley College (Study Skills, Reading Comprehension, Basic Writing, College Success Skills, etc.).
#3 Students must have a reliable computer and reliable on-line internet access.
"Browser Issues and Hardware Requirements." Click here to read about the Browser and Hardware Requirements for this course.
REQUIRED textbook for this course
Required Materials Information as PDF Document
Required Materials Information as a Word Document
HOW TO START THE Fall 2012 COURSE (must be officially registered in the class to have access to the course)
This on-line course is run through the West Valley College "ANGEL" program. Enrolled students have access to the course on "ANGEL" starting on the first day of the semester.
Students are responsible for logging in to the ANGEL program during the first few days of the semester and starting the course. E-mail reminders are not sent. It is the student's responsibility to do this.
- The Fall 2012 session starts on Monday, August 27, 2012. This course follow the regular 15-week (plus Final Exam Week) semester schedule and is NOT a self-paced course where students can complete the course at their own pace.
Please note: It is the students responsibility to log in to the ANGEL program during the first few days of the semester and start the course.
The instructions for logging into the ANGEL program are explained below.
HOW TO LOG-IN TO the "angel" Program (this course is run through the West Valley College "ANGEL" program)
Enrolled students will not have access to the course until the first day of the semester (Mon, August 27, 2012).
Your login username is:
Your student ID number is generated by the computer at the college after you apply for admission for the first time. This number is included in all of the paperwork you may have received from the college. If you have not applied for admission to the college yet, you must do so first before you may receive your student ID number.
Your password is:
Link to log-in to Course:
having problems logging on to Angel? Could this be the problem?
- There may be a problem with the seven digit student ID number or birth date that you are using. Please contact the the college Admissions and Records office (408-741-2001).
- You may be trying to log-in to the course before the first day of the semester. Enrolled students do not have access until Mon, August 27, 2012.
- You may have added the course after it started. There is a 24-hour delay from when you officially "ADD" a course to when you have access to the course on ANGEL.
For further assistance with log-in problems: Please contact either Lisa Kaaz or Max Gault.
- Lisa Kaaz - Distance Learning Coordinator
- tel: 408-741-4615
- email: email@example.com
- Max Gault - Instructional Technologist
- (408) 741-2627
Click on the West Valley College web page below to access other college resources:
If you are not a continuing West Valley College student and/or you still need to add the course, click on the following link:
Click here to access the admissions office web page
The instructor web page may be accessed by clicking on the following link: