|Welcome to a
West Valley College Hybrid Online Course
This course is conducted on-campus for all lectures and exams. Some online supplemental materials and videos will be available via the Internet through the Angel course management system.
If you do not have computer access at home, accomodations will be made available whenever possible. I have many students each term without computer access, and it is easy for me to accomodate them. Just be sure to talk to me in class if you need assistance. I am also available to meet with any student, either online or at the West Valley campus, at any time during the term to answer questions or assist in studying. Please note: the final exam is NOT comprehensive for this, or any, of the instructor's courses.
In order to successfully complete this course, you should plan your schedule very carefully and try to stick to it. Look carefully at your work schedule, school schedule, and family obligations and allow plenty of time for each. Based upon District estimates, an on-campus course that meets two times a week will take a minimum of four hours of additional preparation per week. For the Physio Psych course, the weekly requirement is more than that.
You are expected to communicate with your instructor and other classmates about specific assignments. When taking a course, either on-campus or partially online, you must take the initiative to ask your instructor questions if you do not understand the material.
What Do I Do First?
Beginning the Course
course uses an online course management system called ANGEL. It
requires that you have a log-in name
2. On the first day of the semester, go to the ANGEL log-in page and get started:
3. You will not be able to access the course before the official start date as listed in the schedule of classes.
4. If you are not already enrolled in this course, scroll down to the "Enrolling in this Course" area of this web page and follow the directions given for registration and enrollment.
Logging into ANGEL
Your login user name consists of all seven digits of your student ID number.
Your password is your six digit birthdate.
Note: You will not be able to access the course before the official start date as listed in the schedule of classes.
If you can't log-in, and only
as a last resort, contact the college's Distance Learning
Coordinator for assistance:
Enrolling in this Course
1. If you are not a continuing West Valley College Student, you must first apply for admission to the college and register for the course. You may access the college admissions web site by clicking the following link:
2. After you are registered as a West Valley College Student:
3. If you
feel you may need some additional student services, feel free to
access the college's
|Return to the Instructor's Homepage|