(Scroll to bottom of page)
Lecture 3 hours; Laboratory 3 hours
Recommended preparation: Math 902, Library 4 (Information Competency)
Acceptable for credit: University of California, California State University
Note : Bio10 is NOT open to
students who have completed Bio11 (Human Biology) with a C or
better. Bio 10 and Bio11 meet the same educational
requirements. Students will receive only unit but not
Jan.31: Be sure to show up the
first day of Bio10 Lecture AND LAB (day depends on section). Anyone
that misses the first day of class will likely be dropped to
allow other students an opportunity to add.
Things to do to get a head start :
1. Ready over Syllabus : Bio10
Lab Syllabus (downloadable - pdf)
2. Purchase your lab manual from
3. Read over the Lab Safety Information at the beginning of lab manual.
Lecture Class: If you would like to ADD
show up the first day of class and I will add
your name to my wait list but you will only be officially added
when you show me your lab add code and I give you a lecture add
code to add on line.
Make getting into a lab a priority. Students can only ADD lecture if they are registered in a lab section. There is plenty of space in lecture (this is not a problem), it is the lab which has the constraint on enrollment.
Lab sections, days, times and
instructors are listed on the end of the lab
To add a lab you can :
Books: Several options are available to
Required Texts :
a. Biology 10 General Biology
Laboratory Manual custom Edition. ; West Valley
1. Viking Bookstore : West Valley Campus Bookstore: You can Purchase all of the books listed in the syllabus directly from the bookstore located on West Valley campus. The bookstore also provides an online service (http://westvalley.bkstore.com/) so that you can reserve books & pick them up later or make arrangements for home delivery. Unfortunately the laboratory manual can only be ordered from the campus bookstore. It should be available one week before classes start.
2. Online Ordering : For
ordering all materials except the laboratory manual.
Since the prices of texts books is definitely a concern you
may want to look into purchasing textbooks from a less
expensive internet vendor. The only concern is how long
it will take to deliver the text. If you choose to order
from an internet site and your text does not arrive when
classes start you can keep up with the required reading by
using the text on reserve in the library.
3. WVC Library (Reserve Desk) : The Library's reserve desk will have one copy of the current text book which can be checked out for 2 hour blocks of time. Do not wait until the last minute to do your reading since others may also be relying on the reserve text for their reading. The library is open M - Th 8:00am - 7:30pm , F 8:00 - 12 noon, Sat noon - 4:00 (408) 741-2028
PLEASE PURCHASE LAB MANUAL FOR THE SECOND LAB (Lab one will be provided to you in the first weeks lab)
Books for food program:The Books For Food program was created to assist students in acquiring course material at a significantly reduced cost. Students bring in cans of food to receive their textbooks and calculators. We donate the food to Second Harvest Foodbank. This semester is no different! We also have over 400 calculators for the Calculators For Food program (Ti-84, Ti-84 Plus), available to all students.
Please check the Books For Food website and see if your course(s) are supported by our program. Our software system is in transition and the amounts/titles might not be completely accurate – we’ve added a considerable amount of materials during Winter.
The students need to bring their student ID card, their class schedule to show they are enrolled in the course(s), and 10 cans per course and/or calculator. The student receive the books and/or calculator and has it for the entire semester. The return date is the last day of the semester.
The library opens its doors at 8:00 AM the first day of class (Monday, 01/26); we’re open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM, Fridays 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, and Saturdays 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM. The books and calculators are first come, first serve, so encourage your students to come as soon as they can!
HELP : Tutoring available through the WVC tutorial services: Chick here for drop in tutoring schedules
Animation : Spoof on Star Wars
Store Wars with Cuke Skywalker, Obi Wan Cannoli, Chewbroccoli and Lord Tator
|Journals Sites :||Good Reference Web Sites :|
|Great Sites for Study Tips :||Applicable Information :|
|Page created by:
Updated: Jan. 20, 2018