||Lecture Schedule||Lab Schedule||Lecture Outlines||Grades
||Final Grades posted above:
Final Exam class average: 78%
Overall Course grade average: 81%
||Final Exam : Tuesday 6:30 SM36
Please bring one large 100 question scantron and a pencil and eraser
~65% of exam in "new" material last part of 15 (errors cell division) - 20 (not including specifics of translation)
~35% review material
Because I moved through Lecture 20 so fast I wanted to post it below:
GENE EXPRESSION LECTURE:
||Exam 3 Grades posted above
Class average: 79%
Overall class average: 80%
III; Nov 20th
Lectures : 11 - 15 (not including error in mitosis and meiosis)
Be sure you can label the heart and indicate where blood is oxygenated and deoxygenated and diagram mitosis and meiosis (similar lab this week)
NOTE: Last day to withdraw from semester length courses is this Thursday - Nov. 15th.
||Overall Exam II class average: 77%
Overall course grade: 81%
Grades posted above
||Exam II; Next Tuesday Oct. 23rd.
Covers lectures 6 - 10 (chemistry, energy, cell, photosynthesis & cell respiration)
||Grades posted above.
Overall exam 1 class average: 85%! wow great job
Overall course grade (including lab grades): 83%
Nice job everyone!
||Reminder 1st Exam: 9/25
Covers Lectures 1 - 5 (Introduction to biology though Ecology)
Please bring a scantron (882 form), pencil and eraser for the exam.
The first half of class will be lecture followed by the exam in the second half of class
||Reminder: Syllabus quiz is due this Tuesday
Note: I am only posting one lecture this week (lecture 5) so we can catchup.
||Nice first lecture back:
Just a few reminders:
1. Download and bring to lecture handouts 3 & 4 (we will for sure get to lecture 3)
2. Download the syllabus quiz and answer questions on a 882 scantron. The scantron is due the following Tuesday (Sept. 11th)
3. Review lecture one information and be ready for a quiz in class (10 point scantron quiz). You will need a quiz scantron (815ez).
Lecture 3 hours; Laboratory 3 hours
Recommended preparation: Math 902, Library 4 (Information Competency)
Acceptable for credit: University of California, California State University
Note : Bio10 is NOT open to
students who have completed Bio11 (Human Biology) with a C or
better. Bio 10 and Bio11 meet the same educational
requirements. Students will receive only unit but not
Aug. 28: Be sure to show up the
first day of Bio10 Lecture (Tues Aug. 28) AND LAB (day depends
on section). Anyone that misses the
first day of class will be automatically dropped to
allow other students an opportunity to add.
Things to do to get a head start :
1. Ready over Syllabus : You can down load a printable version of the Syllabus (pdf.).
2. Read over the Lab Safety Information at the beginning of lab manual.
3. Take the Syllabus Quiz : Down
load the quiz (Syllabus
Quiz (pdf)and answer the questions on a
separate scantron (882) after reading the syllabus. The
syllabus quiz is due Tuesday Sept.
11th at the beginning of class.
Lecture Class: If you would like to ADD
show up the first day of class and I will add
your name to my wait list but you will only be officially added
when you show me your lab add code and I give you a lecture add
code to add on line.
Make getting into a lab a priority.I will only ADD students that are registered in a lab section. There is plenty of space in lecture (this is not a problem), it is the lab which has the constraint on enrollment.
To add a lab you can :
Books: Several options are available to
Required Texts :
a. Biology 10 General Biology
Laboratory Manual custom Edition. ; West Valley
1. Viking Bookstore : West Valley Campus Bookstore: You can Purchase all of the books listed in the syllabus directly from the bookstore located on West Valley campus. The bookstore also provides an online service (http://westvalley.bkstore.com/) so that you can reserve books & pick them up later or make arrangements for home delivery. Unfortunately the laboratory manual can only be ordered from the campus bookstore. It should be available one week before classes start.
2. Online Ordering : For
ordering all materials except the laboratory manual.
Since the prices of texts books is definitely a concern you
may want to look into purchasing textbooks from a less
expensive internet vendor. The only concern is how long
it will take to deliver the text. If you choose to order
from an internet site and your text does not arrive when
classes start you can keep up with the required reading by
using the text on reserve in the library.
3. WVC Library (Reserve Desk) : The Library's reserve desk will have one copy of the current text book which can be checked out for 2 hour blocks of time. Do not wait until the last minute to do your reading since others may also be relying on the reserve text for their reading. The library is open M - Th 8:00am - 7:30pm , F 8:00 - 12 noon, Sat noon - 4:00 (408) 741-2028
PLEASE PURCHASE LAB MANUAL FOR THE SECOND LAB (Lab one will be provided to you in the first weeks lab)
HELP : Tutoring available through the WVC tutorial services: Chick here for drop in tutoring schedules
Animation : Spoof on Star Wars
Store Wars with Cuke Skywalker, Obi Wan Cannoli, Chewbroccoli and Lord Tator
|8/20/12||Really amazing Video on RNAi : here is the link|
|Journals Sites :||Good Reference Web Sites :|
|Great Sites for Study Tips :||Applicable Information :|
|Page created by:
Updated: Aug. 20, 2012